Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Iceland's as happy as Iceland can be

My heart goes out to the Icelandic people. It is a bittersweet situation because the people have effectively caused Parliament to call a snap election (yeah democracy!) but the credit crisis continues to cripple the economy. I know that few care about Iceland as much as I do, but as a destination for the casual traveler it has so much to offer. So if you are in a position to travel this year, go there! They need your money and you need a destination that won't break your bank. Where else could you go swimming outside (yes, all of the pools are outdoors) in thermal spas in the middle of winter? The countryside is breathtaking and you may even see the tiny horses! If you want to go somewhere that is savage and beautiful now is the time.

1 comment:

Alissa:Adventurer said...

Iceland is on my super next place to travel as in I want to go there tomorrow list. Good stuff.